Friday, January 28, 2011

River of Stones - Day 28

Two days have come and gone without my posting a stone.Why? It is not as if writing about a single moment of observation is a difficult task. The task can be completed in two minutes. To be honest, I am not sure why. Perhaps it lies in selfishness. I'm like a little girl who came home on her birthday, opened the door and found the puppy she'd been longing for. She picks it up and holds it close, perhaps a bit too tightly at first, not wanting to let go. For the moment, the whole world exists of soft fluffy fur. Yes. That's it.  I am lost in the moment, holding my stones tight. Some stones are just too precious to skim across the surface of the river.

1 comment:

Laurie Kolp said...

You'll have to share some of those moments. It's never too late to catch up!

Hugs,
laurie